ABOUT THE COMPETITION
National Mediation and Negotiation Competition is a step taken by the JECRC University, Jaipur Rajasthan towards acting as a facilitator in increasing the ADR Culture among aspiring students.
In the milieu of the backlog of cases reaching its saturation, Alternative Dispute Resolution such as mediation and negotiation provide an amicable way out. The competition seeks to provide a prodigious experience that will amplify the interests of young minds in this niche practice of law.
The competition will help students brainstorm probable solutions for near-to real-world challenges while providing them with the comfort of choosing their roles as per their preferences. It, therefore, tries to break the monotony of theory-based learning and helps students in putting their knowledge and skills to use. This competition will also provide an opportunity for the participants to develop the requisite lawyering and communication skills.
The appealing and ever-growing fields of the law will be selected for this competition to expose the participants to a situation where the interests of clients are multifold, often going beyond mere commercial interests. The participants are expected to take a multi-dimensional approach to reach a settlement, showcasing the variety of fields that can be effectively dealt with via mediation.
- To advance the ADR practice in India.
- To design the premier platform for students to showcase their mediation and negotiation skills.
- Advanced mediation skills over more traditional complaint procedures provide an environment for creative problem-solving between the parties.
- Through the skilled assistance of the mediator, disputants are encouraged to listen, keep confidence, be empathetic, suspend preconceived judgments, respect each other’s values, and focus on resolving the underlying conflict.
- To share feelings and reduce hostilities, clear up misunderstandings, determine underlying interests and concerns, find areas of agreement, and incorporate those areas into solutions devised by the parties themselves.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL OF LAW
JECRC University, Jaipur started the School of Law in 2017 with the approval of the Bar Council of India. It offers five years integrated degree course leading to the award of the degree of B.A. LL. B (Hons.), B.BA. LL.B (Hons.) and B.SC. LL.B (Hons.) with specialization in Criminal Law, Corporate Law, and IPR, a two-year LL.M program at the postgraduate level, and Ph. D. Program at the Doctoral level. The legal profession in India has undergone a significant change over the last few decades. Nowadays, law experts mark their presence not only in the courts but also in the companies, law agencies & firms along with Alternative Dispute Resolution.
School of Law, JECRC University aims to become a Law institute of Global standing to develop competent legal professionals by providing professionally competent and pragmatic law-abiding citizens with scientific and objective temperaments bearing well-rounded personalities, who know much more than law.
The primary objective of the university is to evaluate and impart comprehensive and interdisciplinary legal education that is socially relevant. Although this education aim to promote legal and ethics and foster the rule of law and the objectives enshrined in the constitution of India. To become a premier law institution breeding students focusing on research and community work besides fulfilling their respective ambitions.
To achieve the pinnacle of perfection in legal education by providing and conducive ethos to help students and facilities strive for and attain perfection. Furthermore, the university works towards the dissemination of legal knowledge and its role in national development, so that the ability to analyze and present contemporary issues of public concern and their legal implications for the benefit of the public is improved. These processes strive to promote legal awareness in the community and to achieve political, social, and economic justice.
ABOUT THE CLUB- AMICUS CURIAE
Amicus Curiae, a law club has become a benchmark to improve and advance the knowledge of law among students by developing a sense of responsibility toward society and the legal environment. Our club organizes various activities which are rooted in the needs of budding lawyers & it helps them in the growth of their all-round development in the field of law. Its sole mission is to spread the knowledge, skills, and ethical values to meet the demands of the dynamic legal professional environment.
At present time, the ADR Mechanism is considered an important method for Dispute Resolve Mechanism. The club has always been passionate about fostering ADR culture in law students. To foster and contribute to the overall growth of ADR in the country, our club regularly organizes events that encourage students to learn more about ADR. Earlier, one of the mega-events that we organized was a National Bootcamp on Practice & Performance of Arbitration in which several eminent personalities from London, Malaysia, Singapore & India graced their presence including Dr. Lalit Bhasin, Chair, CIARB India. The Bootcamp was in collaboration with The Young, MCIA is an organ of the Mumbai Centre for International Arbitration & The Asian Institute of Alternative Dispute Resolution (AIADR) is the first non-profit member-based Asian center for ADR, In continuance, we are organizing another mega event – II JECRC National Mediation & Negotiation Competition, 2023. We are also proud to inform you that our 1st Edition JECRC NATIONAL MEDIATION & NEGOTIATION COMPETITION” was a huge success witnessed by eminent personalities on the panel, in collaboration with AIADR, Malaysia & SAMA, Bangalore on 23rd, 24th & 25th July 2022.
The International Arbitration and Mediation Centre, a first-of-its-kind, is located in Hyderabad- the capital city of Telangana, India. Hyderabad is one of Asia’s fastest growing cities, with key industries like IT, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology contributing to its economy. Tactically located, the International Arbitration and Mediation Centre in Hyderabad will result in significant savings on cost and time for domestic and foreign investors while simultaneously creating a conducive environment promoting business ease by ensuring an effective and speedy dispute redressal mechanism.
AMICUS LEGAL is a Jaipur based law firm started by its founding partners Mr. Anurag Kalavatiya and Mr. Susshil Daga in the year 2013.
Prior to this venture, they both worked/practiced in diverse areas of law at Supreme Court, High Court(s), Trial Court(s) and various other fora.Since its inception, Amicus Legal is constantly working for many reputed clients/business houses/NBFCs/Banks etc. and is growing as a promising law firm in Rajasthan. At present, Amicus Legal has team of 8 professionals comprising of lawyers/company secretaries/chartered accountants dealing in various facets of law.
FORMAT OF THE COMPETITION
The competition is going to be held in offline mode at the JECRC University Campus, Jaipur.
Plot No. IS- 2036 to 2039, Ramchandrapura, Sitapura Industrial Area Extn, Near Mahatma Gandhi Hospital Jaipur – 303905 Rajasthan, India.
Google location: https://maps.app.goo.gl/hdSPieQrd8SRiXKf9
JECRC University Campus: Plot No.IS-2036 to 2039, Ramchandrapura Industrial Area, Vidhani, Sitapura Extension, Jaipur – 303905 Rajasthan, India
E-Mail: [email protected]
SCHEDULE OF THE COMPETITION
Day 1 – 27th May 2023
- Inaugural Ceremony (10 am)
- Preliminary Round
- Quarter Final Round
Day 2 – 28th May 2023
- Semi Final Round
- Final Round
Register yourself by:
TAP/CLICK ON THE LINK
SCAN QR CODE
Registration Fee:₹1499 only
(Including Accommodation and Food)
1. Universities/Colleges interested in sending their teams must complete the provisional registration by filling the below mentioned Google form latest by 15th May , 2023.
2. The final registration form requires teams to specify the roles of each individual member. The roles which have been pre-assigned by the team will be carried forward throughout the competition. The link for the said form will be sent through mail upon valid selection of the university.
3. Change of roles after the registration will only be permitted on the Organising Committee’s (OC’s) approval.
4. Upon selection by the Organizing Committee, teams must complete the payment of the registration fee within a period of 48 hours. Details for making payment of the registration fee can be found at this link. https://forms.gle/KEPDCmuFo3d2UShV7
5. The Registration Fee for the competition is INR 1499 per team (exclusive of GST), which is inclusive of the cost of food, accommodation and other logistics. This fee is non-refundable.
6. Final registration of the teams is subject to the successful payment of the registration fee within the stipulated time
MR. AYUSH CHAUHAN
PHONE: +91 70143 73998
MS. LAKSHITA BIJARNIA
PHONE: +91 8094411107
MR. ADITYA SINGH
PHONE NO: +91 93145 87470
DR. TULIKA SINGH (FACULTY IN CHARGE, AMICUS CURIAE)
E-MAIL: [email protected]
PHONE: +91 8114419811