ABOUT SGT UNIVERSITY
SGT (Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary) University is a State Private University located at Budhera, Badli Road, Gurugram, Haryana, founded in 2013 with the founding mission “Access to Quality” and “Education for all,” propagating the message of Shree Guru Gobind Singh Ji, the great philosopher and social reformer who says, “Spread of learning is the best service to mankind.” The University is committed to quality and is accredited A+ in the first assessment cycle by NAAC. It also has the status of UGC 12B. The University showed great promise in Teaching Learning, Employability, Facilities, and social responsibility, resulting in a QSI Gauge rating of “DIAMOND” in 2022.
ABOUT FACULTY OF LAW
Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary University (SGT), nationally renowned for leadership in Medical and Health Sciences has established the Faculty of Law with its approval by the Bar Council of India in the year 2014 and offers various Programmes; BA LLB (Hons.), BBA LLB (Hons.), Bachelor of Law (LLB), Masters of Law and Ph.D. Faculty of Law is established to promote profound scholarship and enlightened research in the area of Law and to provide highest quality professional legal education. The vision of the Faculty of Law is to be recognized nationally and globally for excellences in Clinical Legal Education, Community based Out-Reach Programs, socially relevant research and for honing up Lawyering, Arbitration, Mediation and Client Counseling Skills. The Curriculum and syllabus is at par with National Law Universities and offers interaction with distinguished Lawyers and Law Firms for Live Case Handling Experience and through Seminars, workshops, Conferences and interactive sessions. An abode for continual activity and unrelenting vitality, the Faculty of Law also offers a wide array of academic and extracurricular opportunities making every day a potential adventure for the students.
About CUTS Institute for Regulation & Competition (CIRC)
CIRC, is a not for profit and independent research and capacity building organisation which has been active in the areas of competition, regulation and sustainable infrastructure including PPPs. We assist multilateral and bilateral government and private agencies in knowledge creation as well as capacity building for achieving better outcomes in policy formulation and also projects that they undertake. CIRC’s capabilities and contribution are now internationally acknowledged and this is amply demonstrated by the mandates it has received from international organisations such as the UNCTAD, UNICEF and the ADB.
It’s work in the area of the interplay between economics and law, the role of competition in driving open economies, and the need for regulation and its impact on the development and growth of different sectors has been well received. CIRC has also been involved in pioneering research in areas of sustainable infrastructure, with special focus on People first Public Private Partnerships (PfPPP).
Through a very tightly knit and competent research and capacity building faculty and a large network of subject matter specialists and experts, CIRC has been producing very well researched studies, many of which have been published in reputed journals. In a world becoming increasing complex, CIRC would continue to play a very important role in research-based knowledge creation and capacity building not only in India, but also in other parts of the world.
Details of the event
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
Access to justice is a fundamental human right enshrined in the Constitution of India and the legal systems worldwide, and it is crucial for the functioning of a just and equitable society. In recent years, Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) has emerged as a transformative tool to bridge the gap between the need for justice and its actual accessibility, especially in commercial matters. ODR leverages technology to provide a more efficient, cost-effective, and accessible means of resolving disputes. It has the potential to offer them a platform for addressing their concerns in a timely and user-friendly manner.
As the world becomes increasingly connected, the relevance of ODR in commercial matters continues to grow. However, it is essential to bring together experts, practitioners, policymakers, and stakeholders from around the globe to discuss and explore the various facets of ODR & role in facilitating faster dispute resolution. This ODR Policy Summit on “Leveraging Online Dispute Resolution for Commercial Transactions” aims to provide a platform for such a global exchange of knowledge and ideas.
The International Seminar on “Building Trust in Commerce through Online Dispute Resolution” seeks to facilitate research-based deliberations to generate solutions to problems faced by policymakers and participants in the dispute resolution ecosystem.
THEME: BUILDING TRUST IN COMMERCE THROUGH ONLINE DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Leveraging ODR for delayed payments faced by MSMEs
More than 10 lakh crores are owed to MSMEs in India and this number has been increasing steadily. Under the MSME (Regulation and Development) Act, 2006, MSME Samadhaan to launched to provide time time-bound and cost-efficient mode of dispute resolution to micro and small enterprises in India. However, the same is plagued with delays. Accordingly, this session shall delve into the challenges faced by MSMEs in recovery of outstanding invoices and suggestions to ensure that the invoices are recovered in time without posing a threat to the survival of the MSMEs, which are the backbone of India’s economy.
Online Resolution of Cross-Border Disputes
There is a substantial increase in the cross-border transactions that are undertaken between enterprises in India and other countries. The same is poised to grow in the future keeping in mind the special position that India currently holds. The same can be bolstered with adequate dispute-resolution mechanisms to ensure the enforceability of such contracts. This session will delve into such agreements,
including cross-border e-commerce agreements and the challenges currently being faced by enterprises in India and abroad for enforcement of such contracts and suggestions to address the same.
- Eminent Experts
- Research Scholars
- Law Students
- Members of Think Tanks
Note: Students, Research Scholars & Academicians from social sciences, Management and other disciplines can also apply.
Registration/ Submission Procedure
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
- All manuscripts must be accompanied by:
- A covering letter with the name(s) of the author(s), official designation institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript and contact information (correspondence address, email, phone number etc).
- A Certificate that the paper submitted is a piece of original and bonafide research work and has not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
- Similarity Index Report from recognized Similarity Checker Software (Plagiarism Report).
- Contributions should be in English language only and in conformity with ILI scheme and style.
- Electronic submissions should ideally be made in Word Format (doc)/(docx).
- Text and citations style should strictly conform to the rules of Indian Law Institute (ILI). This mode of citation must be strictly followed otherwise the paper shall not be considered for publication.
- The submission of papers is open only for Teachers/Academicians/Professionals and Ph.D. Research Scholars. Only one co-author shall be allowed. Students can be co-author.
- No biographical information or references, including the name(s) of the author(s), affiliation(s) and acknowledgements should be included in the text of the manuscript, the name or document properties. All such information may be incorporated in the covering letter accompanying the manuscripts.
- The word limit for Articles/Research Papers is between 4000 to 6000 words (including footnotes). The word limit must be strictly adhered to.
- The Journal encourages original work of the contributors for publication and plagiarized work will not be considered for publication. The Journal also promotes gender neutrality.
- The articles in the Journal shall be edited and published according to the orthographical and grammatical rules of Indian English, which is based on British English; thus, submissions in American English will be modified accordingly.
- In case of references from websites, complete URL address, along with the last date of accessing the website should be mentioned.
- Manuscripts shall be assessed by subjection to Blind Review Procedure. Reviewers shall not be informed of the author’s name, university/institution, designation, or any other personal information.
- All authors are to certify that the paper submitted is a piece of original and bonafide research work and has not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
- Copy right of all entries received shall exclusively vest with the SGT University. The submission of work would imply that the contributor has assigned such rights to SGT University on its publication in the journal.
- Author/s are required to obtain written permission for the use of any copyrighted material in the manuscript and must communicate the same to the Editorial Board. Such material may include tables, charts, graphs etc.
- Authors are also required to inform the Editorial Board if they have submitted their manuscripts to another law journal and if they have received an offer of publication.
- In case the article is not published, then the author shall be intimated by the Institute through e-mail and he/she may then send it for publication elsewhere.
- Mere submission of a contribution shall not confer any claim for publication. The Editorial Board reserves all rights to take decision to publish the contribution or not. The Board’s decision as regards the interpretation of guidelines or any other matter related to the publication shall be final.
- Author/s are requested to verify references and quotations before submitting the manuscripts. Soft copy of the contributions should be emailed to at [email protected]
- Author shall be entitled to one copy of the journal in case of publication. In case there is a co-author, two copies shall be given.
Procedure For Acceptance
- On receipt of the contribution, Constituted Committee shall screen it to satisfy itself about the conformity of the contribution with the SGT University conditions and policy for submission of the manuscripts.
- The screened work shall be assessed by the referees.
- A contribution recommended by the referee as fit for publication as such or recommended for publication with necessary amendments, if any, shall be considered for publication after the author would submit the amended paper accordingly. The author will be given one week to carry out changes thus suggested.
Note: Soft copy of the contributions must be e-mailed by
GUIDELINES FOR POSTER SUBMISSION
Specifications for Poster Presentations
- The recommended poster size is 3 feet by 6.5 feet (36 inches by 78 inches).
- Be sure to include the abstract title, author and coauthor names, and the institution(s) where research is underway.
- It is suggested that you place multiple copies of a reproduction of the abstract in the upper left-hand side of the poster, written with the headings “Introduction/Background,” Methods,” “Results,” and “Conclusions”. Include your contact information on these copies for attendees who desire further information.
- The designated poster presenter (author or coauthor) must be present at the assigned space during the designated time to discuss the work presented.
Tips for Poster Preparation
- Posters should stimulate discussion, not give a long presentation. Therefore, keep text to a minimum, emphasize graphics, and make sure every item included in your poster is necessary.
- Utilize handouts to supplement your poster.
- Goal: 20% text, 40% graphics, 40% space.
- Make sure ideas flow logically from one section to the next.
- Use charts and graphs to illustrate data (avoid large tables of raw data).
- Use high resolution photographs (web images often will not work).
- Do not use all capital letters.
- The use of typewritten, handwritten or a printed PowerPointTM presentation as a poster is unacceptable. Presentations in these formats will be removed.
- Keep consistent margins.
- Keep line spacing consistent.
- Keep the color, style, and thickness of borders the same.
- Pick no more than 2–3 fonts
- Test readability
- Title banner should be legible from 20 feet away.
- Body text should legible from 6 feet away
- Last Date for submission of interest: February 15, 2024
- Last Date for registration and payment of fee: February 25, 2024
- Last date for Paper / Poster Submission: March 5, 2024
- Students/ Research Scholars : INR 300/-
- Academicians : INR 500/-
- International Participants: $6
- Best Paper Presentation
- Best Poster Presentation
- Certificates will be provided to all Presenters and Participants
Ms. Vishakha Shekhawat
Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law, SGT University
Mr. Akshay Yadav
Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law, SGT University
Conference email:- [email protected]