ABOUT THE GNLU AIR AND SPACE LAW ACADEMY- GASLA
States are exhibiting an increasingly keen interest in augmenting investments in developing their capabilities and competencies in the realm of both air and space activities. Non-State actors, including private investors are no exceptions to this emerging trend. It is becoming evident that a nation’s supremacy in air and space will define international relations in the years to come. Recognizing this potential, the Centre organizes GNLU Air and Space Law Academy (GASLA) as a platform for engaging in discourse on contemporary legal issues in the field of air and space.The first edition of GASLA was successfully conducted by GNLU in 2016, in collaboration with the Institute of Air and Space Law, the University of Cologne and the Forum for Integrated National Security (FINS). Encouraged by the overwhelming success of the five editions, the V. S. Mani Centre for Air and Space Law (VSMCASL) is pleased to present before you the 7th Edition of GNLU Air and Space Law Academy (GASLA) 2022. The 7th Edition is scheduled to be organised from 26th – 30th September 2022.
- Latest issues in space law including but not limited to space tourism, space debris, commercial space mining, environmental harm, space exploration, international liability for incidents in space
- National space policies
- Current challenges relating to territorial sovereignty and its extension in air and space
- Aviation-related crimes and Aerial Terrorism
- Air Accidents and Incident Investigation
- Regime Governing Military and Civil Airports
- Case laws relating to International Air Law
TENTATIVE RESOURCE PERSONS
- Dr. Akhil Prasad Director, Country Counsel India & Company Secretary, Boeing
- Mr. Ashok G.V, Partner, Factum Law
- Dr. George Moses, Director (Legal), Airports Economic Regulatory Authority (AERA)
- Prof. (Dr.) G.S. Sachdeva, Adjunct Professor, NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
- Ms. Hoysala Grandhi, Specialist Legal, GMR Airports
- Dr. Kumar Abhijeet, Legal Officer, Ministry of External Affairs (Confirmation awaited)
- Mr. Nitin Sarin, Managing Partner, Sarin & Co.
- Dr. Paul Fitzgerald, Adjunct Professor, Faculty of Law, Institute of Air and Space Law, McGill
- Prof. (Dr.) Sandeepa Bhat, Professor of Law, West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata
- Prof. (Dr.) Stephan Hobe, Director, Institute of Air Law, Space Law and Cyber Law, University of Cologne, Germany
- Dr. V. Gopalakrishnan, Former Policy Analyst, Indian Space Research Organisation
- Prof. (Dr.) V. Balakista Reddy, Vice Chancellor (I/C), NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
- Prof. (Dr.) Wian Erlank, Professor of Law, North-West University
- Legislative and Regulatory Authorities;
- Armed Forces;
- Professionals from Aviation and Space Industry;
- International Organizations;
- Institutions focused on Private and Public Capacity building;
- Faculty Members;
- Researchers and Students
- Professionals/Practitioners interested in the theme of the academy
REGISTRATION AND ACCOMMODATION
|Students||Academicians/ Professionals/ Others|
|*All prices are excluding GST. 18% GST will be added while making the payment|
Participation fee includes registration, lodging and boarding, tuition fee, study material, educational visit, and access to online legal databases.
Special subsidy in the participation fees (as mentioned herein above) may be provided upon prior request. Participants are requested to contact Organizing Committee.
Accommodation will be provided in the University Guest House on a first come first serve basis to a limited number of participants with prior registration. Kindly visit the following link for further details about the accommodation:
1. Last Date for Registration and Payment of Fees – Monday, 19th September 2022.
2. Commencement of Course – Monday, 26th September 2022.